THE GEORGE O'LEARY NATIONAL SCHOOL OF OUTDOOR HOSPITALITY
Time: Feb. 26 - March 3, 2023
Location: Oglebay Resort Wheeling, WV
JOIN US FOR THE SPRING 2023 GEORGE O’LEARY NATIONAL SCHOOL OF OUTDOOR HOSPITALITY
National ARVC is proud to offer the 2023 National School, in-person at Oglebay Resort! Join us to enhance your management and leadership skills in the RV Park and Campground industry.
National School of RV Park & Campground Management enhances the skills of its attendees through a high-quality educational program focusing on business management principles and practices as applied to the RV park and campground industry. National School brings leading industry experts to provide participants with the skills and expertise needed to make positive impacts in the industry.
- MARKETING your Guest Experience
- Creating STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES that ensure the best guest experience
- Foundational Managing principles including HIRING PROCEDURES, EMPLOYEE TRAINING and LEADERSHIP
- Managing on a daily basis including WORKING WITH A BUDGET and RECREATION ACTIVITIES
- Keeping guests safe through RISK MANAGEMENT and ADA awareness
Year 2 will also focus on Guest Experience as the theme that drives decision making and business planning. After generating a Guest Experience statement, attendees will dive into:
- ANALYZING MARKETING approaches
- STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
- Managing principles including EMPLOYMENT LAW and TRAINING AND PERFORMANCE, and WORKING THROUGH CHALLENGING EMPLOYMENT CONVERSATIONS
- Year 2 will revisit Risk Management and ADA but will dive deeper into the long term strategic impacts
- CREATING A BUDGET and understanding FINANCE OPPORTUNITIES for business growth
2023 National School registration is available to all outdoor hospitality owner/operators, National ARVC active campground members, and (if course requirement is met*), National ARVC Associate members. It pays to be a member! Save $400 on your 2023 National School registration with National ARVC membership.
*National ARVC Associate members are welcome to register as a Year-1 attendee, however, prior to attending, Associate members must have completed National ARVC’s Prospective Owners Workshop (POW!) in the virtual setting. If you are an associate and wish to attend 2023 National School but have not yet completed POW!, the virtual course is available to active Associate Members in the ARVC Learning & Resource Center. Please contact Membership@arvc.org with any questions. This requirement does not apply to Campground Members.
- Industry Expert lead instruction
- All Classroom materials*
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks EVERY DAY**
- Certificate of completion: Year 1 will receive the Outdoor Hospitality Management (OHM) certificate, Year 2 the Outdoor Hospitality Professional (OHP)
- Structured networking and relationship building opportunities
- Access to resources post event
- Advance notice of upcoming events and education opportunities
* Classroom materials will be provided electronically. Please plan on bringing your personal laptop to get the most out of your learning experience.
** Please notate any dietary restrictions (vegetarian, gluten free, any allergies, etc.) in the comments/notes section of the registration form.
*Scholarship recipients will receive a travel stipend that can be used towards this transportation